Friday, July 25, 2008

Samphire


I've been doing some research today, there, I think I like
italics better, no that wasn't the research which I will
tell you more about some other time. The thing is that
I accidently came across Samphire which I have been
looking for for about 3 years ever since I came across
it in some now-forgotten recipe. It was on a stand at
a Farmer's Market at Leopardstown Racecourse. It
cost 20 Euro per Kilo, so I only bought a tenner's worth
in case it was crap.

It wasn't, I lightly boiled it and served it with Butter,
rather like you would with Mangetout or French Beans
and it was all I had expected and hoped it would be,
lush, scrunchy with a really fresh salty flavour. The
only thing was that we had it with Chicken ( Honey-
glazed with Rosemary if you must know) and it would
be much better served with fish.

We also bought some Durrus Cheese because for one,
I like it and also I like Durrus itself and visit there, not
often enough as I have a Sister who lives there.

No comments: